Content

Rest assured…nothing is written here with a clear head…lol!!!

Sunday 1 December 2013

Butter!!

Nice JD and coke beside me…Let me touch on cooking and the way it helps me so much. I can not eat, we know, but my passion for cooking remains.
Yes I enjoy to make fresh butter, it's so easy and you have something you own…so fresh, just so real and delicate. Sil loves it on my freshly baked bread, or as a pasta sauce with a generous topping of Parmesan cheese…freshly grated of course.
I continue to bake, and relish the opportunity to prepare fresh gnocchi and pasta. I particularly like making fresh sausages using the equipment inherited from my sausage making Dad!!!! Always a simple recipe, but always the best…
My next project is to produce some stretch curd cheese. Yes, that's mozzarella! Not as difficult as it sounds and you can produce about a kilo in under 45 minutes. I'll give it a go and let you all know how it comes out.
I live 500 meters away from a very famous mill that produces the most wonderful organic flour amongst other things. I use only this in the baking of breads and pizzas. Exceptional products.
I've developed a reputation for producing a rather nice ginger nut biscuit. It's difficult to buy ginger nuts over here and Sil has asked me to produce a big batch as Christmas gifts for her family and friends. Will do with the utmost pleasure. The recipe is totally Delia and so easy…if you make a batch yourself you'll wonder why you ever bought them…they are in a different league!!! Give it a go!
I've even started cooking for Scotty my wonderful dog. Here in Italy you can buy massive sacks of pasta for dogs…then I boil it up, and add a doggy style topping!!! He seems to appreciate it!! Much better than the dried stuff he's been eating!
Cooking…it keeps me in the zone…active…and as always  the pleasure remains is in the giving…






No comments:

Post a Comment