Content

Rest assured…nothing is written here with a clear head…lol!!!

Sunday 8 December 2013

50th Birthday plans…:)

The 2nd June 2014 will mark my 50th birthday, and nothing would give me more pleasure than to celebrate it with a big funk off party!!!
Plans include a b-b-q, and some live music. Most of you know I live in North West Italy about an hour and a half from Turin airport. It's a doodle to get here, and the drive from the airport is very easy.
I can easily put up 15 guests from abroad (even more if you want to sleep on the floor!)…you know who you are, many are found on Facebook, many are ODs and university friends, and there are many  others from all over the world. I appreciate that those far far away may have difficulties to arrive, but you are all welcome.
Obviously there will be a good smattering of Italian friends, my family etc etc.
This really gives me something to focus my energies on…if you feel you are up for it drop me a line via Facebook, twitter, or e mail.
Rest assured I will be badgering you during the coming months…it will be a great weekend, and give you all a chance to experience the wonderful area I live in.
The region is called Piemonte (or Piedmont in English) It is a culinary renowned area that boasts some of the finest food and wine in Italy. In fact I live 30 minutes from the town of Borolo, a wine that needs little introduction! The region also hosts the slow food movement…a very famous institute promoting all types of local foods in an attempt tp protect their heritage. All very interesting. Nobody will go home hungry!!
The beginning of June should offer warm but not too hot weather as here the summers can be a little oppressive.
So what do you think…time to rock on in a funk off sort of way!!!



1 comment: